Followers

Friday, September 17, 2010

Here We Go

When it comes to instrumentals, many great ones come to mind. The Allman Brothers' "Jessica," Frank Zappa's "Watermelon in Easter Hay" (which may be my favorite instrumental of all time), but it seems that today the instrumental often appears to be a lost art, which is why I was glad to hear this song:





Broken Social Scene's "Forgiveness Rock Record" is one of the best albums I've heard in the last few years, up and down it's very impressive. But this track always stood out to me. There's something rather majestic about it, the way it builds and builds and builds to an explosive climax, each section being progressively added as the song grows more suspenseful. As for the name of the track, well I guess that's up to interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment